If you have never registered for on-line prescriptions you will need to bring to the surgery
Or in the absence of photographic ID
You will then be able to register for on-line services, please note this will take 48 hours to process. Once processed you will be provided with a user name and password.
Please allow a minimum of two working days for your prescription to be processed.
If your doctor agrees, you may obtain repeat prescriptions without seeing your doctor by placing your repeat prescription request form in the box provided in the entrance foyer - please ensure you have ticked your requirements.
If you are unable to come to the surgery then please send your request by post, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. Alternatively, you can now order repeat prescriptions online by clicking the link above.
You are also able to request that your prescription is sent electronically to participating pharmacies. Ask your pharmacy for more details.
If you wish your prescription to be forwarded to a particular chemist, or delivered, please make this clear on the request.
Unfortunately, requests for prescriptions cannot be taken over the telephone due to the risk of errors occurring and in addition this may block the phone for urgent calls. If you receive regular repeat prescriptions your doctor will ask you to make an appointment from time to time to monitor your medication.
Electronic Prescribing Service
Benefits of our paperless, Electronic Prescribing Service include:
- Ability to request and collect your medication at the pharmacy of your choice (your nominated pharmacy)
- No need to visit the surgery: less queuing time, fewer trips
- Prescriptions travel electronically from the GP to the pharmacy, making the process quicker and more efficient
- Any pharmacy using Electronic Prescribing can be nominated, regardless of their location
- Suitable for the majority of prescription requests
Please ask at your pharmacy or at our reception desk for more information and to nominate your pharmacy today.